You feel like you know what you "should be doing" and you "do good" with food for a while then life happens and you “mess up”
You blame yourself, you feel like the problem is that you lack self-control or willpower.
Food feels stressful and you are tired of thinking about it all the time.
You feel like you have been actively losing or gaining weight for your entire adult life.
You may have even given up on being a size ‘x,’ you just want to be healthy… and maybe just a little smaller than you are now.
So you keep trying. You get back on track with your eating and get frustrated when you fall off the wagon.
The truth is, you don’t need more self-control or willpower to be healthy.
This cycle is not your fault.
But the cycle won’t end unless YOU end it with a different approach.
You can end it by forking the food rules.
By not swinging back to restrictive food rules, you allow yourself to eventually settle in the middle and eat in a more intuitive way.
The middle is where you enjoy ALL foods in a peaceful way.
The middle is where you:
- You eat vegetables not because you “should” but because they sound good
- You eat cookies without feeling compelled to eat the entire package
- You enjoy the bread basket without feeling too full by the time dinner gets to the table
- You eat dessert with your kids without guilt
- You eat what sounds good and you feel more satisfied
- You aren’t thinking about food all of the time
- You aren’t playing mental jenga about how your take out lunch fits with the rest of your day
- You have more mental capacity to think about what really matters to you
- You enjoy eating out with friends and family
- Celebrating with food no longer feels stressful
- Life feels more fulfilling because you are no longer spending so much energy each day figuring out your food.
With the Fork the Food Rules membership, you can end the cycle, and experience this peaceful relationship with food and your body.
Stop stressing about food and start experience a life-changing relationship with food and your body
Fork The Food Rules
Fork the Food Rules is a membership subscription that was created to help people find food freedom and community in a flexible, go at your own pace format.
In the membership you will find:
Be with other people who have decided to pursue a better relationship with food and their bodies.
HAES® & Intuitive Eating informed Registered Dietitians that have helped hundreds of people achieve food freedom and better body image
Freedom to pursue health without rigid food rules, exhausting exercise regimens and shaming body talk.
Here's What's Included:
- Twice a month, live group coaching calls with Laura or Megan where we have a facilitated discussion and can answer your food and body questions.
- Monthly prerecorded masterclasses (non-book club months) lead by Megan, Laura, or another professional that specializes in the featured topic. Examples of some topics are: Body image, food guilt, meal planning, food and health, weight stigma, movement, self care, connecting to body cues etc.
- Access to recordings of previously done masterclasses that you can watch any time that you want!
- Access to a private, Facebook community.
- Book club! Three times a year you will have the option to read a food and body positive book (or watch a documentary) and meet virtually together to discuss it.
You will also get access to:
- The Fix Your Mindset, Fork Your Food Struggles Mini-Course
See how others have struggled with food and body have experienced freedom through Fork the Food Rules
"I wear clothes that fit me now because I love my body the way it is"
"I joined Fork the Food Rules because I felt like I was out of control with my eating habits. I was so confused about what to eat and what not to eat. All around us are messages about dieting and low calorie intake. I needed help.
Fork the Food Rules membership has given me a great deal of confidence with body positivity and advice on intuitive eating habits. You learn your triggers and you learn a lot about yourself. I wear clothes that fit me now because I am able to love my body the way it is. I’m more open to going out with friends and trying new things, such as pottery. I have learned to listen to my cravings, eat whatever and whenever I want, and listen to my body tell me when I’m too full or not eating enough food. I have also enjoyed the community and master classes. This membership steered me in the right direction and (thankfully) away from diet culture!"
"Fork the Food Rules is the perfect way to find support from registered dieticians and peers who want to Fork the Food Rules!"
"I joined Fork the Food Rules to continue my journey of recovery from an ED. I've been in recovery now for quite some time. I don't need to be seeing a dietician weekly anymore, but still need some support. Fork the Food Rules is the perfect way to find support from registered dieticians and peers who want to Fork the Food Rules!
It has made me feel less alone on my journey to body acceptance. I really enjoy conversing with others who are trying to escape diet culture and fat phobia. It is often lonely to be the only one among my peers who is actively trying to escape diet culture - most people I know are actively trying to change their bodies to match our cultural ideal. Our culture is so immersed in diet culture - it is often hard to escape. Fork the Food Rules is a safe space to discuss how we feel about our bodies, food, and food "rules."
The Fork the Food Rules Membership is for you if:
- You label foods as good and bad
- You feel guilty after eating certain foods
- You regret how much you ate multiple times a week
- You get frustrated by your "lack of self-control"
- You wonder how some people just seem to eat "normally"
- The number on the scale feels like a report card on your eating and can make or break your day
- The concept of stopping eating something like bread, chips, or cookies when you are full and leaving some behind feels foreign
Fork the Food Rules is ALSO for you if:
- You are tired of feeling like the only person at work/home/church not on a diet
- You are in recovery from an eating disorder and you are eating more intutively (aka not a lot of reliance on a meal plan)
- You are doing/have done some food freedom work with a nutritionist and you want community also or ongoing support as/after you complete your one to one work.
Meet the Nutritionists Inside the Membership
Laura Watson MS, RDN, LDN
Laura practices nutrition from a weight-neutral approach and seeks to help clients gain a peaceful relationship with food and their bodies.She firmly believes that all bodies are good bodies and uses a social justice framework to address how the intersections of various identities including race, religion, sexuality, gender, and abilities can affect our relationships with food and our bodies.
Laura is the best at what she does. She helped me focus on eating well instead of insisting that I look a certain way or weigh a certain amount. Laura always gives encouragement and positive vibes to keep patients going and feel a sense of accomplishment. Laura is the G.O.A.T.
Megan Hadley MS, RDN, LDN
Megan believes that difficult relationships with food and body image are barriers to people living life fully. She is passionate about helping clients find freedom in eating and acceptance of their bodies so that they can turn more attention towards living. She is also passionate about her family, including her husband, Jeff, and two daughters, cooking, traveling, naps, good wine, and french fries.
"I can't say enough about Megan. I'm 35 years old and have struggled with my food, weight, and body image for years. Megan has helped me experience freedom with food, my weight and body image. I am so grateful for her and the work she does. Her work has been instrumental in creating true change that allows me to have freedom with food and I no longer feel as if I am in a daily battle."
This Membership Is NOT For You If:
The Scale Still Rules Your Life
This membership is not for you if you are still searching for the next diet, plan, or lifestyle that will help you lose weight and that feels most important right now. Or if you have an active eating disorder and/or are relying on a meal plan.
If You Have Not Seen the Light Yet
This membership is not for you YET if you have not been introduced to Intuitive Eating or a non-diet mentality. If this is you, let us know, we will help you get what you need to get started!
If You Don't Want To Feel The Love
This membership is not for you if you don't want to give and receive support and continue to learn along side others that also want the freedom, confidence, and health that comes with being intuitive with food and our bodies.
How much do I need to invest to fork the food rules?
Working with a dietitian or nutritionist one to one can cost hundreds of dollars a month.
This is one of the reasons we created the membership.
Similar to the cost of a copay or gym membership, you can get the same information and perspectives that we teach our one to one clients but in a format that is flexible and self-paced and can result in less stress and more food peace for the rest of your life!
It is $47/month to be part of the membership (or $37/month when you pay for 6 months in full).
It looks like you have a decision to make!
The first choice is to do nothing. And as you already know, if you choose to do nothing, nothing changes.
BUT, if you already know that you want to change your relationship with food and your body and experience more freedom and less stress with food, then your choice is obvious, join us in Fork the Food Rules!
Just simply click the button below, we are waiting for you on the inside!
If you are still on the fence...
It's ok! You might still be hoping that the next plan or diet will be "the one."
And that is important to explore too. Not everyone reading this page right now is ready for this kind of work. Everyone has their own experiences that lead them to the place of readiness and you may not have had all of yours yet.
Or maybe you don't feel confident that eliminating food rules sounds like the best thing, that it sounds reckless even.
It makes sense, swinging back to food rules has given you a sense of control and safety when you felt crazy with food or really uncomfortable with your body.
Our question to you is, how long is too long to keep doing this? five years from now? 10 years? 20 years?
We know moving away from a familiar pattern, even one that is not serving you, can be scary. That's why we created the membership, so that when you decide to do it, you have the option to not go it alone.
Think you might be ready?Join us inside the membership now